Last week, DRLC submitted a letter to the L.A. County Board of Supervisors regarding alternatives to incarceration. DRLC urges the County to support policies and practices that implement treatment for people with mental illness, while also making sustained financial commitments to rehabilitation programs that will help reduce recidivism and increase public safety.
You are here
Civil Rights Programs
All clients of the following programs are people with disabilities. DRLC focuses on underserved communities within the disability community, within both rural and urban areas, and works with marginalized disability populations such as students living in remote areas or custodial facilities, students of color, and people who are experiencing homelessness and/or have mental health conditions. For more information about DRLC's Civil Rights Programs, please click the links below.
Services We Provide
We provide legal representation for the following types of cases:
- Discrimination/Mistreatment/Harassment on the basis of disability in housing, transportation, public places, schools, telecommunications, etc.
- Special Education (including due process hearings and IEP meetings)
- Discrimination/Mistreatment/Harassment based on the use of a service animal
- Failure to receive reasonable accommodation
Services We Do Not Provide
We do not provide legal representation for the following types of cases:
- Employment (except through our HIV Law and Policy Project)
- Domestic Violence or Harassment
- Personal Injury
- Consumer Fraud
- Applications or Appeals for Public Benefits (this includes representation at administrative hearings)
- Traffic/Parking Violations